After growing up in several different places throughout his childhood, John now calls Southwest Florida home. John graduated with an International Baccalaureate Diploma from Upper Canada College in Toronto, Canada, and attended the University of Missouri where he earned Bachelor of Arts degrees in both English and Sociology. While at Mizzou, John made the deans list multiple times, served as Vice-President in his fraternity, and volunteered as a Big Brother in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program in Columbia, Missouri.
After college, John made his way to Southwest Florida and earned his Juris Doctorate Degree from Stetson University College of Law. John worked part-time during law school and volunteered at the family forms clinic in Tampa, Florida to gain valuable real-world experience. John focuses his practice on civil litigation in both state and federal courts, including contract disputes, real property, personal injury, first-party insurance litigation, and more.
Professional Memberships & Admissions
- Member, the Florida Bar
- Admitted to Practice: U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, All Florida State Courts
- Member, Sarasota County Bar Association
- Associate Attorney, Christopher D. Smith, P.A., Sarasota, FL, 2015-23
- Law Clerk, Jesse James Law Firm, St. Petersburg, FL, 2014-15
- Summer Law Clerk, Beltz and Ruth, St. Petersburg, FL, 2013
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2015
- B.A., English, University of Missouri, 2011
- B.A., Sociology, University of Missouri, 2011