Thank you for your interest in the Farr Law Firm. The firm prides itself on hiring and retaining highly skilled, motivated, team-oriented individuals for staff and associate attorney positions.
Farr Law Firm is seeking an Estate and Trust Administration paralegal for our probate department in the Punta Gorda office.
Ideal candidates will have experience in estate and trust administration including maintaining case files and knowledge of fiduciary accountings. Must have the ability to work independently, under the supervision of an attorney, in all aspects of estate and trust administration, including court filings and meeting deadlines, asset gathering and transfers, and communications with investment advisors and trust companies.
Candidate must have superior client service skills, as the position works directly with clients and trust beneficiaries. We offer paralegals administrative support as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities. Florida Registered Paralegals (or CLAs) are preferred.
- Prepare necessary memoranda and correspondence
- Conference with attorneys, clients, beneficiaries and family members
- Gather information regarding the assets and debts of an estate and/or trust
- Prepare pleadings to file with the court to initiate summary and formal probate proceedings
- E-filing of documents with the court
- Monitor and maintain the probate administration and trust administration electronic files in the office
- Review the client’s estate planning documents
- Prepare documents relating to the initial trust administration meeting, including Acceptances of Trustees, Resignations/Declinations of Trustees, Notices to Beneficiaries, etc.
- Prepare 706 and 706-NA
- Prepare fiduciary accountings for both probate and trust administration
- Prepare declaration of assets for trust administration
- Locate beneficiaries of an estate or trust, if necessary Transfer assets to beneficiaries, including the preparation of deeds, transfer of vehicles, brokerage accounts or distributions in cash
- Gather information needed for preparation of tax returns required for an estate and trust administration and coordinate with CPA for the preparation of the tax returns
- Transfer assets to beneficiaries, including the preparation of deeds, transfer of vehicles, brokerage accounts or distributions in cash
- Assist the fiduciary in asset transfer activities and retitling after appointment of the successor fiduciary
- 3 years’ experience as a probate/trusts administration paralegal or legal assistant preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal certificate
Estate Planning Legal Assistant
Farr Law Firm is seeking a full-time Estate Planning Legal Assistant for our fast paced, high volume practice in our Punta Gorda, Florida office.
Applicant must have three years of experience in estate planning. The candidate must possess superior communication skills both verbal and written, excellent typing and email skills, the ability to proofread, word processing experience and be a Notary Public.
Additional desirable abilities include working knowledge of various software applications including Clio, Juris and NetDocuments, and being a Florida registered paralegal or graduate of paralegal program or equivalent. Must be very detail oriented and able to handle multiple client files. When submitting resume, please include three references.
- Answer phones and manage attorney calendars
- Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents
- Review of files of estate planning clients to determine accuracy of documents previously done or for information to be used in drafting new documents
- Contact clients, as necessary, to obtain any additional information needed to complete the documents requested
- Prepare an Estate Planning document binder for signed documents including a Receipt for original documents and a Memorandum regarding transfers to Trust(s)
- Record and store client information
- Previous experience in estate planning as a paralegal or legal assistant
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with legal research
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Farr Law Firm is seeking a full-time staff assistant in our Punta Gorda, Florida office.
The candidate will perform general clerical duties, assist the staff with mailings and other projects, pick up and deliver mail, ordering supplies, and uploading scanned documents to the Firm’s document management software.
Candidate must have superior client service skills, as the position will greet clients and handle all persons arriving in the office in a proficient and professional manner. The candidate will be responsbile for operating the reception desk and phones efficiently and courteously during the receptionist’s lunch hour, at 4:30 p.m. each day, and at other times required during the receptionist’s absence.
Advancement to a legal assistant or paralegal position could be possible, with additional training.
- Perform general clerical duties including typing, photocopying and collating as necessary, and requested by staff.
- File client records daily and purge files as directed.
- Prepare correspondence for mailing and deposit outgoing mail.
- Analyze, schedule and perform necessary travel to efficiently conduct required errands for firm operations.
- Maintain and update library holdings.
- Coordinating pickup and deliveries of stored files as requested by staff or outside parties, and coordinating destruction of files with administrative assistant.
- Order supplies.
- Maintain large copiers and postage machine, including updates on rate changes.
- Daily runs to local courthouse, post office and staff requested hand deliveries, and as needed runs to other courthouses and Venice office.
- Prepare certified and registered mail and any overnight services as needed.
- Pick up shredding around the office once a week.
- Keep store room organized.
- Acting as witness in will and estate planning signings as needed, including notarization of documents and preparing copies and trust books
- Research client information in Clio and NetDocuments as needed for various mailings and projects.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possess a current Florida driver’s license and vehicle to be used for travel
- Notary Public
- Good general health. Requires some lifting.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary expectations in confidence to:
Aaron Bowles, Firm Administrator
Farr Law Firm
99 Nesbit Street
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
We feel that the success of the Farr Law Firm as being Charlotte County’s oldest and largest law firm is the direct result of our dedicated and knowledgeable attorneys and support staff, the camaraderie we enjoy, and the pride we share in our waterfront locality and all that it offers.
We value the commitment of both our staff and our attorneys to the firm and its clients, as well as their commitment to being involved and contributing to our local Southwest Florida community.
The following are positions that the Farr Law Firm maintains:
- • Administrative Secretaries
- • Legal Administrator
- • Real Estate Paralegals
- • Attorneys
- • Legal Assistants
- • Receptionists
- • Billing Clerks
- • Legal Secretaries
- • Secretaries
- • Bookkeepers
- • Marketing Director
- • Title Examiners
- • Copy Center Clerks
- • Probate Paralegals
- • Word Processors
The Farr Law Firm is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) plan and paid health insurance for all employees.
If you are interested in joining our team, please use our email form.