Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, and Litigation Attorney
Darol received his Juris Doctorate from Georgetown University and his undergraduate degree from University of South Florida. Darol developed his practice of law at the Farr Law firm over 35 years to include a broad scope of sophisticated legal representation and maintained for over 30 years an AV Preeminent Peer Review rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
Darol’s professional objective was to become a consummate civil trial lawyer with bench and jury trial experience in every type of case. He has represented both plaintiff and defense in Florida and federal court. When hiring litigation counsel, Darol’s philosophy is that the client deserves an attorney with a scope and depth of experience to serve the client as either a plaintiff or defendant in every aspect of the litigation.
That experience today includes over 50 jury trials to verdict and 50 bench trials to ruling, along with countless complex evidentiary civil hearings. The range of courts include numerous Florida circuit courts, and federal courts in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Texas. His court room battles often place him center of high profile multimillion dollar business matters or the financial recovery for catastrophically injured clients or the survivors of a wrongful death victim against major insurance companies. Those include cases such as trucking, automobile, and motorcycle accidents as well as product liability. Believing your lawyer should know every aspect a case, he also defends companies and individual in these same type cases. Darol litigates a case with zealous vigor and prepares every case as if it is going to trial.
Darol knows that the vast majority of cases will settle before trial. A consummate, patient negotiator, Darol is often able to maximize his client’s recovery in discussion with opposing counsel, an insurance adjuster, or alternate forms of dispute resolution. He has served as legal counsel in hundreds of mediations, some involving multiple parties and hundreds of litigants in a single case. Darol was a Florida Supreme Court certified mediator from 2017 until he voluntarily discontinued the certification process in 2023.
Appeals are a rare occurrence in any litigation practice. However, when appeals arise Darol does his own appellate work.
This capacity is held by attorneys recognized for providing consummate legal guidance to address a wide variety of legal and political challenges. Darol assists his clients using the advantages of experience and draws upon the wide scope of legal knowledge his fellow attorneys have gained at the Farr Law Firm over the many years.
Political Subdivisions: In 2017 Darol was retained as general legal counsel for the Charlotte County Airport Authority (CCAA) after serving as CCAA litigation counsel for decades. As one of the fastest growing commercial airports in the country by passenger count and a political subdivision, the CCAA presents a unique ever-changing array of legal challenges. Darol, the Farr Law Firm team of lawyers and staff address all these challenges in supporting this economic engine of Charlotte County. Previously he has also served as legal counsel to the East Orange Drainage District.
Florida Constitutional Officers: Darol has been honored to serve as general counsel for the Charlotte County Sheriff’s office for over 30 years, working with six different sheriffs during that time with a plethora of business challenges and civil litigation. On an as needed basis, he has served as legal counsel for Paul Stamoulis, Supervisor of Elections and Vicki Potts, Charlotte County Tax Collector.
Private companies and individuals: Darol provides legal counsel and guidance on an ongoing basis to prominent local companies such as Ajax Paving, YMCA of Southwest Florida and Air Trek. In 2018, Darol was retained by Sunseeker Resorts to serve as local lead counsel to assemble the legal and professional team for a large-scale waterfront development. The Farr Law Firm team of lawyers was instrumental in completing a successful land acquisition and subsequent construction launch. The Farr Law Firm team of lawyers and staff remain privileged to continue to represent Sunseeker thru this complex process. Smaller companies and individuals also retain Darol on an ongoing basis to assist them with complex legal matters.
Pro Bono Legal Services: Darol devotes on an ongoing basis significant time to the Florida International Airshow and Charlotte BMX. He provides legal support on an as needed basis to CARE and individuals in specific need.
An avid remote trekker recent challenges include the Inca Trail, Patagonia, Grand Canyon, Half Dome and volcano treks in Java and Bali and numerous other remote mountain ascents. Darol has enjoyed white water rafting some of the most challenging rivers in the United States, including the Colorado (lower Grand Canyon), Snake and Gauley. In 2018, 2020 and 2022 he was on 6-day raft expeditions that traverse the entire upper Grand Canyon on the Colorado. He is a current Master Scuba Diver holding nitrox, cavern, and rescue diver with reef and wreck dives logged from the Florida Keys to Phuket. Darol enjoys snow skiing, snowmobiling and shooting sporting clays. A Corvette enthusiast, he enjoys the performance of the latest C class model and a custom-built award winning 1959 Corvette hot-rod resto mod. Darol is married to Lamoon Carr, a native of Thailand. They have a daughter, Amanda, who competed on the international BMX circuit and participated in the 2016 Olympics. Darol served in the U.S. Air Force from 1972-1976 with a tour of duty in Thailand and Germany.
Awards & Recognition
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Honoree, Edison State College Keystone Society Founders, 2011
- Harry S. Truman Scholar, Florida, 1978
Professional Memberships & Admissions
- The Florida Bar, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. District Court, U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and U.S. Tax Court
- Charlotte County Bar Association, 1983. Past President, 1996 – 1997
- Instructor in Legal Writing and Research, Georgetown Law Center, 1983
- Staff Member, American Criminal Law Review, 1983
- United States Air Force, 4 years
- J.D., Georgetown University, 1983. Instructor in Legal Writing and Research, Georgetown Law Center, 1983. Staff Member, American Criminal Law Review, 1983
- B.A. summa cum laude, University of South Florida, 1980
- Representation of individuals and corporations in complex and product liability litigation in federal and state courts.
- Representation of beneficiaries in complex trust and estate litigation.
- Defense of claims by corporations and individuals for fraud in real estate transactions in state and federal courts.
- Representation of numerous plaintiffs in catastrophic injury cases including motorcycle, automobile and truck accidents. Several with over million dollar settlements.
- Defense of guarantors and borrowers in multi-million dollar foreclosure actions.
- General Counsel, Charlotte County Sheriff's Office
- General Counsel, Charlotte County Supervisor of Elections
- Litigation Counsel, East Charlotte County Drainage District
- Florida International Airshow - Pro Bono Legal Counsel
- Charlotte BMX Track – Pro Bono Legal Counsel
- 30 years of local, state and federal election campaigns including school board, county and circuit judicial races, sheriff, Florida house, Florida Governor and U.S. Congress
- Member (Governor Appt.) Edison State College Board of Trustees (2000-04) Chairman (05-06)
- Member (Governor Appt.) 20th Judicial Nominating Committee (2001-06) Chairman (2004)