Real Estate, Corporate and Business Law Attorney
Jack is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Real Estate and also practices in corporate and business law. He previously served as the firm’s President and Managing Director.
Jack helps clients negotiate, document and close complex residential and commercial real estate and finance transactions. He is experienced in all areas of acquisition, development, and disposition, having been involved in a number of high profile transactions. Jack also counsels clients in numerous industries in the formation, organization, and management of business entities.
Awards & Recognition
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 1992-2017
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law, 2016-2017
- Named to the list of Super Lawyers in Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, 2006, 2010-2016
- Pacesetter Award, Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce, 1994
Professional Memberships & Admissions
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member and Past President, Charlotte County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, University of Florida Law Center Association, Inc.
- Member, Local Board Attorneys’ Committee of the Florida Association of REALTORS®
- Member, Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund 20th Circuit Advisory Committee
- Former Chair, 20th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
- Former Chair, The Florida Bar General Practice Section
- Former Chair, The Florida Bar 20th Circuit Grievance Committee “C”
- Past Executive Committee Member, The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Former Governor and Publications Committee Chair, The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1979
- B.A., University of Florida, 1976
- Served as general counsel to a privately-held corporation during several years of sensitive negotiations leading to the closing of one of the largest public/private real estate and corporate transactions in the history of Florida.
- Represented seller in the $17.98 million sale of a 5,700 acre ranch and mine in Charlotte County, Florida, constituting one of the largest private real estate transactions in the county’s recent history.
- Represents organizers of and serves as counsel for several of the most successful wetlands mitigation banks in Florida.
- Represented numerous buyers and sellers of citrus groves throughout Southwest Florida.
- Represented numerous institution lenders in documenting millions of dollars of loans for real estate acquisition, development, operations, and sales.
- Represented purchaser of all forty separately-owned units of a Hurricane Charlie-destroyed condominium for redevelopment purposes with all closings conditioned upon simultaneous closings of all other units.
- Represented associations of REALTORS® for many years during a variety of markets and significant structural changes to multiple listing services.
- Provided real estate and business entity related representation to high-value trusts and estates of decedents with numerous properties in multiple states and countries.
- Represented major land owner in blocking up previously checkered real estate holdings through a series of acquisitions and simultaneous two-party like-kind exchanges.
- Acted as qualified intermediary in many three-party non-simultaneous 1031 like-kind exchanges.
- Acts as registered agent and performs annual maintenance for more than 100 corporations and limited liability companies.
- Recently represented seller of 5,000 acre ranch, buyer of 15,000 acre ranch and seller of 3,900 acre citrus grove.
- Former Board Member and Past President, Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Tenth University Presidential Search Committee for Florida Gulf Coast University
- Member, Leadership Charlotte Inaugural Class
- Founding Board Member, University Pursuit, Inc.
- Past Member and Chair, Charlotte County Environmental Lands Acquisition Advisory Council
- Past Board Member, Myakka Conservancy, Inc.
- Past Treasurer and Member, Charlotte County Republican Executive Committee
- Delegate to Republican National Convention, 1996 and 2000
- Elected State Committeeman, Charlotte County, Republican Party of Florida, 1992-2000
- Member, Charlotte County Charter Review Commission, 1991-1992