Personal Injury & Mass Tort Litigation Attorney
George is developing his practice in the areas of general civil, commercial and complex litigation as well as mass tort litigation. He focuses primarily on products liability cases, including defective pharmaceutical drugs and other dangerous consumer products.
George has developed a niche in the area of oil spill claims resolution and is the leader of the firm’s BP Claims Department. George has represented hundreds of clients in claims filed with the Deepwater Horizon Claims Center, the Gulf Coast Claims Facility, the National Pollution Funds Center as well as in the oil spill multi-district federal litigation.
Awards & Recognition
- Named to the list of Rising Stars in Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Professional Memberships & Admissions
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Admitted to practice
- All Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Pro Hac Vice Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Member, Charlotte County Bar Association
- Member, Calusa Inn of Court
- Plaintiff Steering Committee Member – In re: Abilify (Aripiprazole) Products Liability Litigation – MDL No. 2734
- Plaintiff Steering Committee Member – In re: Benicar (Olmesartan) Products Liability Litigation – MDL No. 2606
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Patricia Kelly, Second District Court of Appeal, Tampa, Florida
- Editor-in-Chief, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review
- Dean’s Fellow, University of Miami School of Law Academic Achievement Program
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law
- B.M., cum laude, University of Miami
- MDL 2385 - IN RE: Pradaxa (Dabigatran Etexilate) Products Liability Litigation. Representation of an estate in multidistrict litigation against manufacturer of blood thinning drug Pradaxa.
- MDL 2326 - IN RE: Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation. Representation of woman severely injured by a transvaginal mesh device.
- MDL 2187 - IN RE: C.R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation. Representation of woman severely injured by a transvaginal mesh device.
- MDL 2179 - IN RE: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig "Deepwater Horizon" in the Gulf of Mexico, on April 20, 2010. Representation of hundreds of clients in claims arising out of the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. Recovered settlements for clients in excess of $7.2 million.
- MDL 1943 - IN RE: Levaquin Products Liability. Represented numerous clients in multidistrict litigation against manufacturers of the antibiotic drug Levaquin.
- Representation of client in federal court against medical device manufacturer Smith & Nephew for severe injuries associated with a metal -on-metal hip implant.
- Representation of woman severely injured after taking hormone replacement therapy drugs.
- Representation of major lenders in mortgage-related litigation in state court proceedings.
- Representation of banking institutions and mortgage servicers in defense of Truth in Lending and other consumer litigation.
- Representation of international hedge funds in federal court proceedings in defense of SEC Ponzi scheme related cases.
- Represented transportation service provider in appeal of temporary injunction to Second District Court of Appeal.
- Leadership Charlotte, Class of 2014
- Past Board Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Florida