Business Transactions & Civil Litigation Attorney
Sara is part of the firm’s litigation team with her focus on business transactions and civil litigation. She also practices in product liability and mass tort. In connection with her work on product liability cases, Sara was recently interviewed by Consumer Reports Magazine for the December 2019 article When Recalls Fail, discussing recalled breast implants that have been linked to a higher risk of cancer called anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
Sara has experience in a wide range of cases from multi-million dollar merger and acquisition transactions to business finance transactions. Her work also includes national mass tort and product liability cases involving dangerous drugs and defective medical devices. She regularly counsels business clients across a broad range of matters to understand and minimize risk and liability while implementing effective business strategies and planning to maximize growth and potential.
Awards & Recognition
- Nader/Zrake Memorial Award for Excellence in Environmental, Land Use, and Administrative Law Courses
- Book Awards in the following courses: Administrative Law; Climate Change and Energy Policy; Environmental Hazards Associated with Real Property; Land Use Law; Legislation; Professional Responsibility; and Real Property.
Professional Memberships & Admissions
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Charlotte County Bar Association
- Member, Sarasota County Bar Association
- Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant, Stetson University College of Law, 2013
- Assistant Executive Editor, Stetson Law Review, 2012-2013
- Notes and Comments Editor, Stetson Law Review, 2012
- Federal Judicial Intern for the Honorable Susan C. Bucklew, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa, 2012
- J.D., magna cum laude, Stetson University College of Law, 2013
- B.A., University of Florida, Philosophy, 2006
- Board Member, Animal Welfare League
- President Elect, Sarasota County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Trustee, Charlotte County Law Library