Our newest associate attorney, Kelsey Veitengruber, was born in Dayton, Ohio but spent the majority of her youth right here in Charlotte County, moving to Port Charlotte when she was ten. With inspiration from teachers and professors, Kelsey decided to practice law to help others sort through their legal issues, which she says can often be confusing and stressful.
After graduating from Port Charlotte High School, Kelsey went on to receive her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of South Florida. Throughout undergrad, Kelsey worked as an Office Manager for a locally owned business and stayed with the company until she began law school. Kelsey says working with this company for several years gave her “a unique perspective on the issues that companies face and allows me to provide better legal advice.”
Kelsey attended the University of Florida Levin College Of Law where she graduated magna cum laude and received two book awards. After receiving her Juris Doctorate she began her career in law at a firm in the Tampa area prior to returning to southwest Florida with her husband and their dog, Toby. Kelsey is thrilled to be back and practicing law in her hometown.
Awards & Recognition
- Order of the Coif
- Book Awards in Privacy and Florida Moot Court Team
- Best Oralist Award at Final Four Competition, Florida Moot Court Team
Professional Memberships & Admissions
- Member, the Florida Bar
- Member, Charlotte County Bar Association
- Admitted in all Florida state courts; Middle District of Florida; Southern District of Florida
- Associate, Insurance & Re-Insurance Practice Group, Phelps Dunbar, LLP, Tampa, 2013
- Volunteer Intern, City Attorney’s Office for City of Gainesville, 2011
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2013
- B.S. in Business Administration, magna cum laude, University of South Florida, 2007
- A.A., University of North Florida, 2005