Trust Administration, Probate, Estate Planning, and Estate Tax Attorney
Forrest is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts and Estates and focuses his practice on estate planning, estate and trust administration, and related tax matters.
Awards & Recognition
- BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Burton Award for Legal Achievement, Distinguished Writing Award in Law, 2010 (presented by the Burton Foundation in association with the Library of Congress)
- Suzanne Armstrong Award for Excellence in Legal Writing and Professional Conduct, 2009
- St. Petersburg Times Award for Best Write-On Competition Paper, Stetson Law Review, 2008
Professional Memberships & Admissions
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Member, Tax Section
- Admitted to practice: All Florida State Courts
- Immediate Past President, Charlotte Estate Planning Council
- Member, Charlotte County Bar Association
- Federal Judicial Intern, Honorable Mark A. Pizzo, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa, 2009
- Research Assistant, Dean Theresa J. Pulley Radwan, Stetson University College of Law, 2008-2009
- Teaching Fellow, Stetson University College of Law Research & Writing Department, 2008-2009
- Recent Developments Editor, Stetson Law Review, 2009
- Boston University School of Law, Master of Laws (LL.M.), Taxation, 2015
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2009
- Leadership Development Certificate
- B.A., cum laude, Flagler College, 2006
- Representation of individuals in the design and implementation of comprehensive estate plans, emphasizing transfer tax reduction, probate avoidance, and planning for incapacity.
- Involved in trusts and estates requiring federal estate tax returns, federal spousal basis allocation forms, federal gift tax returns, and state estate tax returns.
- Representation of fiduciaries in the administration of trusts and estates involving real property in multiple states, elective share claims and trust modification actions.
- Board Member, Charlotte Symphony Orchestra
- Advisory Board Member, Charlotte State Bank & Trust
- Member, Leadership Charlotte, Class of 2012