Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, and Litigation Attorney
Darol’s practice focuses in personal injury and wrongful death claims and litigation in a wide array of complex commercial and civil disputes in both state and federal courts. He represents injured clients and their families and is committed to holding responsible parties accountable. In addition to cases in Florida, Darol has litigated cases pro hac vice in other federal and state jurisdictions.
Darol counsels businesses and individuals in all phases of litigation in state and federal court through trial and appeal, including numerous jury trials. He also recognizes the benefits of achieving a resolution in a timely manner and successfully employs numerous alternative dispute resolution strategies to achieve settlements for clients.
Awards & Recognition
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Honoree, Edison State College Keystone Society Founders, 2011
- Harry S. Truman Scholar, Florida, 1978
Professional Memberships & Admissions
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Admitted to practice: U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. District Court, U.S. Court of Appeals - 11th Circuit, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, U.S. Tax Court, all Florida State Courts
- Member, Charlotte County Bar Association
- Past President, Charlotte County Bar Association, 1996-1997
- Member, 20th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission, 2001-2006
- Chair, 20th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission, 2003-2004
- Instructor in Legal Writing and Research, Georgetown Law Center, 1983
- Staff Member, American Criminal Law Review, 1983
- United States Air Force, 4 years
- J.D., Georgetown University, 1983
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of South Florida, 1980
- Representation of individuals and corporations in complex and product liability litigation in federal and state courts.
- Representation of beneficiaries in complex trust and estate litigation.
- Defense of claims by corporations and individuals for fraud in real estate transactions in state and federal courts.
- Representation of numerous plaintiffs in catastrophic injury cases including motorcycle, automobile and truck accidents. Several with over million dollar settlements.
- Defense of guarantors and borrowers in multi-million dollar foreclosure actions.
- General Counsel, Charlotte County Sheriff's Office
- General Counsel, Charlotte County Supervisor of Elections
- Litigation Counsel, East Charlotte County Drainage District
- Chairman, National Bicycle League, 2004-2009
- Member (Governor-Appointed), Edison State College District Board of Trustees, 2000-2004
- Vice-Chair (Governor-Appointed), Edison State College District Board of Trustees, 2004-2005
- Chair (Governor-Appointed), Edison State College District Board of Trustees, 2005-2006
- Farr Law Firm Representative to Charlotte County Economic Development Council
- Commissaire (Referee), Union of Cyclist International and USA BMX